So most, if any, people probably don't read my blog anymore. However, i feel if my mom has started one, and Lindsey has recently posted...why not give it another try? So since my last post about a year and a half ago, i have started my freshman year at North Thurston High School. It has been a roller coaster! Coming from my tiny, secluded middle school, population 300 with only 15 staff members, to a HUGE high school with such variety in personality:) it has been an adjustment. I've heard stories and had an idea of what it would be like, but you never really know, to what extent people will go to fit in, in High School until you see it for yourself. I know I'm not the best example of being the smartest person ever, but people in high school can be so dumb. Not just academically, but in the way they act around their friends, how they dress, what they say...it drives me insane. Anyway, on to a better subject, basketball! I tried out for the basketball team this year and made it :) Granted I'm only on C-team, but hey, everyones got to start somewhere. Considering this was the largest group they have had in tryouts and had to cut 15 girls makes me feel pretty good. Finals are over and i did really well! I finished off the semester with all A's! Freshman year is supposed to be the easiest of all the years so it's not a HUGE accomplishment but i still love to say i got a 4.0 :) We just started a new semester this year, and i honestly have no idea what to expect. I'm taking wood shop which is unlike anything i've taken for electives before, and Racquet sport,s who the teacher i've heard is not everyones favorite. I'm just hoping for the best! I'm still doing piano, and i have reached the point where I actually like it. Never thought i would say it, but i did. Well, that pretty much sums it up. Lindsey is gone, and while my parents are amazing it's just not the same. No one is around to pick on me anymore, and no one is around for me to pick on. (with the exception of our new dog Mogli!) I couldn't ask for a better life, and am living it up to the fullest with the parents....watching Castle every night and homemade oreos and ice cream!!! YUM!! Until next time, which could be a while........




I LOVE hanging out with you! I'm still in shock that you're in high school. ( I think I'm in denial) Keep up the good work and you'll go far in this world of ours.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Mom
Cute blog Mal. Now go shoot some hoops. Also, get rid of the stupid word verification.
ReplyDeleteIt was great to be with you at FHE on Monday night -- thanks for inviting us! Life doesn't get better than shooting q-tip arrows at Josh :) P.S. Your poll is closed, but I would definately vote for the caffiene-free Diet Coke -- it gets me through the day!
ReplyDelete